Tuesday, February 5, 2019

'Rafu' - a must listen song


Yes, I get irritated with the senseless BOLLYWOOD songs which we get to listen to everyday. But what irritates me even more is that all these musical media keep on playing such songs in loop. That way, even such songs become the ‘chart busters’, for whatever may be the definition to declare a song as a ‘chart buster’. But then because of this, some of the good songs just do not get an option to be even heard by people. Only if audience go and watch the movie, they would get to listen to them. Even then, there are high chances that people look forward to hearing the ‘chart buster’ songs of the movie and dismiss the other songs.


Anyway, to cut the story short, while driving back home yesterday while my brain was overworking due to something really stupid which happened in the office, somehow I felt that there is a very soothing song being played. By the time, I realised that, it was just about to end but thankfully, the RJ announced the name of the movie - it was ‘Rafu’ song from the movie Tumhari Sulu. Mind you, it was not a newly released movie and I had also watched it on Amazon Prime but I knew only two of its songs - Ban ja tu meri rani and recreated version of my childhood favourite song Hawa Hawai.



But ever since I searched for this song today, I am hooked on to it. Simple and nice lyrics, melodious voice of some Ronkini Gupta (honestly, I have never heard her name) and if I understand a little bit of music, only couple of instruments used. I wonder why this song was never played on FM, may be played but rarely. I am almost sure that it would not even get shortlisted in any category for any of the popular awards (though, I wish it does). Those of you who have not yet listened to this song, please do:

1 comment:

Would love to hear from you... Comments please...