Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Whats Your Rashee...


Another movie seen... Two movies in two weeks, good, I am recovering after the movie draught in Chennai. This week watched Whats Your Rashee, by Ashutosh Gowarikar, at Hyderabad with bhaiyya-bhabhi and my two cousins. Last show (or call it late night show).

All five of us were looking forward to Priyanka's role in our respective Rashee (sun sign), and were all prepared to prove that she was best in our rashee. The first Priyanka (Anjali) was awesome. I still can't stop laughing when I think of her, even when I am sitting alone. The way she walked and giggled. Harman Baweja, whom I had started calling Hrithik baweja, since he so closely resembles Hrithik Roshan, was good in this movie. I hope that I would start calling him Harman Baweja after this.

And hey, I got so happy at one point. When Harman's mother (in the movie) was first shown, I thought that I had seen this lady, but could not get where. But once she smiled it instantly clicked in my mind. She was Manju Singh, the girl who played the role of Amol Palekar's sister (Ratna) in my favorite movie of all time- Golmaal. After a movie of 1979, I had seen her in 2009. Wow. I loved her in Golmaal.

The movie was good. Although a bit lengthy, and I would realize its length when songs would come. Poor Harman. To meet 12 girls, he had to sing and dance on 12 songs. But one song which I was looking forward to, was not included in the movie. Sad. Nice comic sequences, specially by Dilip Joshi and Rajesh Vivek.

This one was a different movie by Ashutosh Gowarikar, after Lagaan and Swades. Apart from dozen songs, the movie was good to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you... Comments please...