Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Small Wonder...

They opened the tank and put in two boxes containing his food and a flag on each of the boxes and closed the tank again...
He looked at the boxes...
"Oh, I am not hungry right now. Why have these stupid people kept the boxes now?"
They were looking at him curiously...
"Ok, which box should I open first? Whats the menu buddy? Oh, they are not responding. And please, stop staring at me. No cameras please. I need some privacy, am growing old"
They were still looking at him...
"Fine. I will eat now. Which box? Akad-bakad-bambe-bo.... assi nabhe poore sau....sau mei laga dhaga...chor nikal ke BH-AA-GAA. OK, I will eat the food in the right hand side box"

And as soon as he opened that box, everyone exclaimed and shouted and hundreds of cameras started flashing....

"Can't I even eat in silence? Go away you stupid human beings. I will quit this job otherwise and I am serious. Oh, today its Mussels in the menu"

"He predicted Spain as the FIFA 2010 winner. Long live PAUL- THE WONDER OCTOPUS....", the stupid human beings were still shouting at the top of their voices and within few hours the news was on all the news channels and Internet news and by next day in all the leading newspapers.

Well, Hi, I am Paul. Paul- The Wonder Octopus, as you people call me fondly. I hatched in Januray 2008 and started this prediction job during Euro 2008 matches. Though, I got this worldwide love and attention only recently, during FIFA 2010 world cup with my 100% accurate predictions.

You won't know, but I have a real tragic story of my life. Many people are fighting over for me. Not after I came in this job, but the fight started even before that. Few people want me to lead a normal octopus life, in the sea. But other well wishers want me to stay in this confined, safe and secured tanks, simply because they know that I may not be able to hunt for my own food. I love the latter guys.

Whats more... I get the food in my bedroom and I eat and that makes a headline. WOW!!! I mean, who won't want a life like that? There are so many sharp brains who are studying as to how my predictions can be 100% accurate. But, its simple you see. I am almost color blind so I cannot make out the difference between German flag and other flags. Oh, Germany, by the way is my current home. So, my predictons are not always skewed towards Germany. But I normally do akad-bakad-bambe-bo and decide which box to open first. I anyways get to eat both the boxes. Or, I first check whats in the menu and which box is decorated better. I choose that. Or, I just read the newspaper in the morning and comes to know which team most of the human beings want to be chosen by me and I choose the other one. Its important. Just to keep people hooked on to me. I have to keep up their interest levels.

But now, I may just retire now. They say that octopuses normally live on an avergae for two years only. So, I may die before UEFA Euro 2012. But hey, just type "Paul octopus" on Google and you may get 10,400,000 results for me. I am just loving it.

Take care you human beings and please transfer my share of the bets that you have won because of me in my account urgently. CHEERS !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you... Comments please...