By working, ofcourse....
But in case you don't have any work or if it is a Monday (and you are damn sleepy) or if it is your birthday or your boss has made your life miserable and thus you don't want to work or if you are engaged/married (newly married only) and its a perfect romantic weather outside, and SO you are not able to concentrate on your work and are a restless soul, how would you keep yourself from falling off your chair publicly??
Do write in your ways how you keep yourself awake in the Comments section. I am scribbling down my ways:
1. Keep on drinking lot of water
2. Keep munching on to something- I eat biscuits, others may use Chewing Gum (you cannot sleep while chewing something right? or can you?? Don't tell me !!!)
3. Keep going to washrooms and stretch yourself and wash your face (I do that repeatedly till my face becomes so cold and numb that it loses all its senses)
4. Play games (which I can do only when my boss is not around- it doesn't look decent you see and you ought to show off that you are a decent being atleast in your office)
5. Read novels- yes, I have finished as many as 5 novels in my office
6. GTALK and FORWARDS and REPLY ALL option on mail and hence the vella-panti with your group mates
7. Disturb others and get into any stupid talks
8. At times when I am awake enough to get into any serious discussion, I join my group of INTELLIGENT friends, who have knowledge about most of the things. The only problem is that I forget whatever we discuss as soon as I am out of the discussion, but thats my childhood problem, can't help it.
9. Ignore everyone and put on your handsfree and listen to your favourite songs on your mobile/ipod, how-so-ever indecent it looks.
10. GOOGLE/Google Maps/Wikimapia/Rediff news etc etc. Just pick any random term and type it on google and start your search.
11. Write a blogpost, as I had just now done...
These are my ways to make sure that I don't fall off my chair and let people have a good laugh about it. Do write in your ways, they may be interesting enough to put all of us reading this blog off the sleep at our workplaces.... CHEERS !!!