Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My dear sleep...

It was 6 a.m. when my mobile alarm rang and was irritating me when I decided to stop it (not even put it on snooze, so that it should not disturb me again after 5 minutes). Exactly at that time, my room-mate and my colleague called me up and ordered me to get up and get going else we will get late. I declared, “I am not going early today. I will come later” and went back to sleep leaving her shocked, since if I would have told her this last night itself, she would have also slept a little longer.
Now, you might be thinking where were we going. Do we work in call center and have early morning shift or are we still in school. No, we are not in school and neither do we work in call center. We work in “normal” IT company with the most abnormal office timings- 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (to avoid the traffic during “usual” office hours, and sadly, almost all the companies in this IT park thought the same and made this as their official timing, so in turn, no respite from the traffic jams even so early in the morning) and the above mentioned scene is our daily routine, when mind says to get up (else would have to go by city bus) and the body refuses to leave the bed. Our cab comes to pick us up at 6:50 a.m. and both of us take turn on alternate days as to who will get up at 5:45 and who at 6:15 (both enjoy our turns when one can sleep for 30 more minutes than the other). Still most of the time, our cab driver welcomes us with disapproving looks- “madam, again late”. And as soon as we are in cab and settled ourselves in our places, we decide to go to sleep but thanks to the “super smooth” roads of Bangalore, we are forced to keep our eyes open and go through the torture. Last 15 minutes of our way allow us to take quick nap but before we could make ourselves comfortable, we are standing in front of our office. Everyday we have to drag our feet to the first floor, rubbing our eyes, cursing the management for such awful timings, and signing in to mark the attendance. Once on my desk, I normally make another attempt to sleep on my desk, since we are the first ones to reach the office and there is no one to bother.
On top of that, our company has obliged us with Internet access to normally blocked sites (not all, though) from 9 p.m. to 9 a.m., so we have only 45 more minutes (7:45 to 8:30) to surf through these privileged sites before rushing to take breakfast. So, another attempt failed to take quick, silent and unbothered nap. In another 15 minutes, next batch of sleepy colleagues appear and then we force ourselves to wish Good morning to all (even though mind tries hard to speak out Good night, and please let me sleep for some more time).
Was so happy when left my school since now I don’t have to get up so early. Went on to do BCA, initially was very happy for classes started at 9 a.m. But then came the evil of “extra-classes”, which ought to be taken in early morning only (but why?). Was again happy when passed out of BCA. But then, joined MBA coaching center and got the batch of 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. Was again very happy when joined MBA. Never knew that there was no time to sleep while doing this prestigious course. But was sure that since I am not a techie and neither am I working in a BPO, so my office will be from at-least 9 a.m. And there I landed up in this wonderful office. When will I get my dear sleep???

1 comment:

  1. Lolz :-))))) ... Excellent humour ..!! Another masterpiece from the artist Nikita ...Good going Nikki ...!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you... Comments please...